Need that super smooth, supermodel-esque skin - all in the comfort of your home? Epilating is your way to go! The art of epilating is such that it removes hair from its roots. This prolongs the hair regrowth window and gives you hair-free hands and legs for up to four weeks.
Understanding how to use an epilator on the face, legs or even on pubic hair is important. So, whether you've been doing it for years and want to brush up on the latest expert techniques or you're an epilation newbie, we’ve got the perfect guide on how epilators work. While we’re at it, we’ve also enlisted the key benefits of using an epilator, helping you make the right pick.
What Is An Epilator?
An epilator is an electronic device created for body hair removal. It is designed in such a way that it pulls out body hair directly from its roots. This gives you hair-free skin for up to 4 weeks. Typically, an epilator is made available in two variants - dry and wet. Dry epilators are meant to be used without water, whereas a wet epilator enables you to remove hair while you are in the shower. Braun brings the best of both worlds with the Braun Silk-epil 5 Epilator series. It can be used with or without water, making it a perfect pick for beginners. It has a micro-grip technology that plucks the hair from its root in one single stroke.
How To Use An Epilator?
1. Before you epilate
Its all in the prep. As every beauty guru knows looking effortlessly gorgeous requires a little forward-planning. So before we show you how to epilate, check what to do earlier:
1. Timing is everything. Epilate the night before you bust out your look-at-my-silky-legs LBD or date outfit. This gives 24 hours for any irritation to reduce.
Evenings are the best time for an epilation rendez-vous. You're more relaxed, any minor bumps will be gone by the morning and you'll wake up with the sexiest, smoothest skin ever!
2. Exfoliation is the golden word. Take a warm shower, relax and exfoliate your skin to avoid those dreaded in-grown hairs. Either use an exfoliating scrub or mitt or rub down skin with a dry towel. Alternatively Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa has an innovative exfoliating brush that gives 4 times better exfoliation that a manual scrub.
2. When you epilate
1. Stay cool and calm. There's a lot of not-so-pleasant things we all do in the name of beauty, such as plucking, tweezing and buffing but when it comes to epilation, Silk-épil helps to minimise the pain with features such as the cooling glove and the massaging rollers for an extra-gentle hair removal experience.
2. Have you ever done it in water? Now you can! Braun Silk-épil 9 Wet & Dry epilators mean you can epilate whilst in the shower or bath. Water minimises the pain by releasing the body's natural pain killers – endorphins.
3. Hold steady. Don't stress too much about how to hold the epilator, it should feel natural. Hold at a 90 degree angle to your legs. You can also pull your skin tightly with your other hand so it's easy for the device to glide over. Don't press down too hard, simply touch the epilator lightly on your skin.
4. Slow equals sexy. Take about 15 seconds from ankle to knee. Going too fast risks breaking the hair which may lead to ingrown hairs.
5. Take direction. Run the epilator in an upward motion against the direction that the hairs are growing. This lifts the shorter hairs giving you a smoother finish.
6. Wet or dry? Its up to you but if dry, make sure your skin is completely dry. If wet, apply a little shower gel.
3. After epilating
1. Pamper perfect. The golden rule is moisturise AFTER epilating not before. Apply a nourishing body lotion for the best, skin smoothing results and get set to wake up the following morning with super-soft, silky skin.
2. Repeat treat. If you're a newbie, epilate once a week and each time you'll notice the discomfort drop and the satisfaction increase. If you're a pro, drop it down a notch and epilate once every three weeks.
Benefits of Using An Epilator
The process of epilation does sound fun, right? But what’s more fun is the benefitsoffered by an epilator. Let’s have a look at these advantages of using an epilator on your skin.
1. Offers Smooth Skin For Weeks.
One of the key benefits of using an epilator is the feeling of soft smooth skin. One that lasts for up to 4 weeks.
2. Easy To Use
Whether you want to go hairless to flaunt your legs or simply for hygienic purposes, epilators do the job well in every scenario. It is quite fuss-free and the most convenient method to remove hair from the comfort of your own home.
3. Gets Rid Of Shortest Hair
The advantage of using epilators is their ability to pull the shortest length of hair (0.5mm).
4. Slower Re-growth
There are chances that after using an epilator for a long time, your hair growth would become thin and sparse.
5. Long-lasting results
Epilators are designed to remove hair from its roots. This extends your hair re-growth window, and you get to enjoy long-lasting smooth skin for up to 4 weeks.
Why Choose Braun Products?
Braun understands your hair removal needs and brings the best set of epilators for women. The Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa Series comes with a 40% wider head and catches 4x shorter hair than wax. It comes with three exfoliating brushes that help you avoid any ingrown hair. On the other hand, the Braun Silk-épil 5 Series is designed with SensoSmart technology that ensures the right amount of pressure is applied and removes hair gently in one single stroke!
Epilating is an art! It gives you the most seamless and gentle hair removal experience. All from the comfort of your home. We hope that our guide on how to use an epilator will make you a pro at this art. So, what are you waiting for? Pick your favourite Braun epilator and flaunt smooth hair-free skin for weeks.